Do you have teams working in low voltage switchboards and / or near live electrical equipment?
Are you following the recommended guidelines for worker safety?
As recommended by state and local governments, such as the Government of Western Australia Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety Building and Energy’s Safe Working Guidelines for Electrical Workers, “Where work on or near energised equipment is the only option, the required approach to carrying out live electrical work (as set out in Regulation 55 of the Licensing Regulations and Regulation 3.143 of the Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996) is to:
- Conduct a comprehensive risk assessment
- Document the identified risks and control measures
- Only undertake the work in accordance with the pre-determined work method; and by competent persons who have the necessary tools, equipment and PPE for the work.”
One of the control measures identified in the guideline is to ensure energised workers have a low voltage (LV) rescue kit.
How can we help?
Teksal Safety can help you comply with workplace legislation and guidelines, and implement control measures.
- Lockout-tagout (LOTO) supplies
- Lockout and isolation devices
- Safety signage
- Danger / caution tags
- Barrier tapes
- Scafftag equipment status solutions
And, as recommended for live electrical works, our feature product is the Brady LV Rescue Kit.
Designed for the safe rescue of personnel working in low voltage switchboards and electrical installations, the LV Rescue Kit:
- Complies with Australian Standard 4836 for safe working on or near low voltage electrical installations
- Is durable
- Includes additional First Aid products
- Comes in an easy-to-use weatherproof bag
What’s in the LV Rescue Kit?
- Weatherproof PVC orange bag with reflective strip and contents tag
- Thermal blanket
- Multi-trauma burn dressing (91cm x 20cm)
- Burn relief pad (10cm x 10cm
- Burns treatment card (A6)
- Fire blanket (1.2m x 1.8m) (AS/NZS 3504)
- Insulated 1000V gloves – Size 11 (AS 2225)
- Insulated LV rescue hook
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) mask
- “Isolate Here in Emergency” sign (30cm x 22.5cm)
- LED torch (2AA batteries)
- Inspection and content card
Need other Isolation and Safe Work Control solutions?
For more information about any of our Isolation and Safe Work Control solutions, call or email us or visit our store.