Teksal Safety supplies Fortress interlocking and access control products:
- Fortress interlocks
- Safe machine isolation and access control
- Safety gate switches and interlocks
- Safe sequential operation of equipment
- Mechanically safeguard dangerous machines and hazardous processes
- Customised and modular solutions
Fortress designs and manufactures customised safety equipment, protecting lives in hazardous workplaces. Its interlocks work in sequence to ensure employees are safeguarded from dangerous machinery by eliminating the possibility of human error.
Interlocking controls two or more interdependent operations which must take place in a predetermined sequence, if necessary remotely controlled or time delayed. The need for this sequence may be safety to personnel and equipment, or to control processes and productivity.
Fortress’ product portfolio includes:
- mGard – the only range of mechanical interlocks independently certified to PLe
- amGardpro – heavy-duty safety gate switches with connectivity and trapped key integration certified to PLe
- amGardS40 – stainless steel IP69K safety gate switches independently certified to PLe
- tGard – medium-duty interlocks with configurable built-in control functionality independently certified to PLd
- ncGard – complete range of non-contact safety switches
Ideal for heavy-duty applications, mGard is the only range of trapped key interlocks third-party approved as capable of meeting PLe.
Trapped key interlocking is a tried and tested method of mechanically safeguarding dangerous machines and hazardous processes. Mechanical keys eliminate most of the electrical wiring associated with other types of interlocks making it cost effective to install and maintain.
Fortress’ mGard is suitable for use up to SIL3 (EN/IEC 62061), Category 4 and PLe (EN/ISO 13849-1).
amGardpro is the ultimate range of modular safety gate interlocks for heavy-duty applications with a retention force of 10,000N.
Its unique modular construction allows easy configuration, providing electro-mechanical solutions for practically any safeguarding application up to SIL3 (EN/IEC 62061), Category 4 and PLe (EN/ISO 13849-1).
proNet adds an Ethernet-based networking capability to the product range.
Slimline pro is also an option in the amGardpro range that houses the solenoid locking functionality in a body just 40mm wide. The proFit Mounting System ensures most configured amGardpro safety gate interlocks can be easily and simply fitted to machine guarding. The units arrive pre-fitted when you select your preferred mounting plate and/or actuator plate within your configured part number.
amGardS40 is a range of safety gate switches manufactured in 316 stainless steel. Its modular design enables a range of safety interlock switches to be configured to suit many industrial applications requiring IP69K.
The range is supplied in enclosures sealed to IP69K making it suitable to be pressure washed at high temperatures, and with a retention force of 10,000N, it is ideal for ensuring guard doors are held closed until machines and/ or processes are in a safe condition. Each module has a slim body design of 40mm so it can be easily fitted to guarding sections or areas where space is limited.
Its rugged design and strength capability makes the S40 range ideal for applications in harsh, outdoor, chemical and construction material industries.
tGard offers “a customised safety solution, as standard”. Each order is defined by a range of tGard elements that include selector switches, safety switches (solenoid and non-solenoid), personnel keys, emergency release, pushbuttons, E-Stops, indicator lamps and a choice of operating handles for both hinged and sliding guard doors.
tGard’s metal body includes through holes for quick installation on aluminium profiles, flat surfaces, doors and even back of panels without the need for mounting plates. It is IP65 as standard and has been designed to be fully compliant with the new machinery safety standards.
ncGard is Fortress’ complete range of non-contact safety switches for safeguarding machinery.
Magnetic switches are available in both polymer and stainless steel housings. For severe hygiene critical areas, high temperature versions are available.
- NCS IP69K solid state hall effect sensor
- FM Range Magnetic Safety Switches
- FE Range Magnetically Coded Safety Switches
- FS Range Generic Coded RFID Safety Switches
- FR Range Individually Coded RFID Safety Switches
ncGard’s newest addition to the range is ATOM – a compact, ultra-robust Solenoid Interlock, High-Coded to ISO 14119 RFID in the actuator. It is suitable for use in applications up to PLe (Category 4).
ATOM provides a discreet, easy-to-install solution with monitored inputs and Output Signal Switching Device (OSSD) outputs.
Daisy-Chain connections enables easier wiring installation and OSSD prevents fault masking powered from the same supply.
Key features and benefits of the ATOM:
- Solenoid controlled interlock which only allows access when you decide
- High-Coded RFID which prevents actuator substitution
- Robust actuator design with high locking and retention force of 8kN
- 140mm x 33mm ultra-compact mounting footprint, easy to mount with 4 x M5 screws
- Safeguarding applications up to PLe and SIL3 rating
- Provides OSSD outputs with Daisy-Chain connection of up to 8 ATOMs in series, reducing your installation costs
- High Mechanical Misalignment which allows for wider guarding positioning
- Compact design for installation in discreet locations
- Sealed to IP65 and IP67
- TUV Safety Certification Approved
The ncGard product range also hosts safety relays that can be integrated with amGardpro and tGard products.
Fortress’ safety relays are independently certified to PLe and are suitable for use with emergency stop (E-Stop) buttons and/or any two normally open safety devices.
FRANK - INDUSTRIAL ACCESS CONTROL
- Prevents unauthorised access and unauthorised line shut down.
- Simple installation and integration to a network, using your existing ID cards.
- Easy management of access permissions.
Download the FRANK brochure here.
For more information about any of these products, call our office, email email@example.com or call 1300 TEKSAL.