Teksal Safety’s team has been busy getting ready for Chevron Australia’s upcoming planned maintenance turnaround on Barrow Island.
Teksal Safety’s Technical Sales Manager Steve Parks and Safety Systems Technician Andrew Boys were on site removing the Sofis (Smith Flow Control) interlocks from the Train 2 valves throughout June and July 2020.
The interlocks were then shipped to Perth for refurbishing, recoding and installing onto the new valves at Chevron’s Perth Distribution Centre.
The team will again head to site in April / May to reinstall and commission the interlocks during the maintenance event.
About Teksal Safety’s interlocking services
Teksal Safety’s valve interlocking services include valve survey, interlock supply, installation, commissioning and training.
Our technicians are HUET/TBOSIET- and MSIC-certiﬁed and are available for services both on and offshore.
As well as undertaking site work as needed, Teksal Safety technicians offer a program of site visits to:
- Assess survey valve interlocking systems to conﬁrm material condition and functionality of locks
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair activities where possible
- Document corrective actions where needed
- Establish a planned maintenance and inspection program for the interlocks on your facility
- Establish / maintain colour-coded key management for visual indication of valve and system status, consistent with original interlock speciﬁcations
- Ensure key management systems are functional and adequate for current interlocks on site
- Create an interlock register of all valve interlocks and codes on site
- Conduct operator and maintenance training as required
For more information about any of these services, email firstname.lastname@example.org.